tourism central otago
ABOUT TOURISM CENTRAL OTAGO
Tourism Central Otago (TCO) is the Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) for Central Otago, it is part of the Central Otago District Council. We live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet and are privileged to be able to share it with our communities, neighbours, domestic and international visitors whilst retaining the characteristics that make it so unique.
Our primary role is to:
- Market and promote Central Otago as a visitor destination, both domestically and internationally. We are responsible for ensuring the region’s unique selling points and destination strengths are presented authentically and without bias.
- Be an advocate and a voice for the Central Otago visitor economy at a local, regional and national level, and to work in partnership with agencies such as Tourism New Zealand, Tourism Industry Aotearoa, Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, Regional Tourism New Zealand, Travel Inbound, Wholesalers, and others for the wider benefit of the region.
- Ensure adherence to the principles and strategic guidelines of the ‘Central Otago A World of Difference’ regional values, Central Otago Tourism Strategy, Visitor Persona research, Market Insights and destination management principles.
- Provide support to local tourism operators for marketing advice, training and upskilling opportunities and industry insights.
- Manage the delivery of visitor information services at Central Otago i-SITE’s in Ranfurly and Roxburgh.
DESTINATION MANAGEMENT PLAN
CONTACT TOURISM CENTRAL OTAGO
Office: +64 3 440 0637
Physical Address: 1 Dunorling Street, Alexandra
Postal Address: P O Box 122, Alexandra 9340